Today's date is November 18, 2009. The calender says it's November but it really only feels like September, only a medium jacket necessary. I'm sitting in my room in Mansfield, OH surrounded by books, sandalwood incense and clothing strewn across the floor that I couldn't be bothered to put away. All in all, a beautiful state of disarray.
This is a much different blog from my previous ones. It's more... personal... written what spewed out of my head, through my fingers and only my poor, helpless keyboard.
It has been a crazy week. Holly, my little sister, got a lumbar puncture today and like all diagnostic tests it was inconclusive. Andy, my little brother, has been sick all week with potential malaria, a fever that spiked at 105, but like all malarial diagnostic tests came back negative (even though the malaria medications are working). Kirstin has gotten situated in Dakar and I haven't really heard from her, which always makes me sad when I don't hear from any of my siblings. Kathryn and I have been texting daily, which has been awesome. And I've been trying to get enough school work done so that I don't have to work on it over the Thanksgiving weekend. New Moon is coming out on Thursday, tomorrow, luckily I am seeing it Monday with a girl from MedCentral. I'm glad I found someone I could watch it with... I just don't like going to the movie theater alone and I really don't want to drag some guy along who thinks it might be a date.
I'm sad. It seems like everyone is having issues. My male cousin's older boyfriend just broke up with him and he doesn't know what to do for thanksgiving so he might come down to where I am and cause a big familial ruckus. It's not his fault...that's just what happens. My younger siblings are sick and their underlying illnesses aren't being solved. My adopted siblings are emotionally not doing so hott and that always makes me sad because I cannot fix it from so far a distance, even if I was there with them I probably couldn't fix it. I hate feeling helpless. The reason I like nursing so much is because we fix complex problems that don't have definite textbook solutions. I enjoy that mind work. I get aggravated when I cannot find something or do something to help.
I made soup. Vegetable Cheddar Chowder. It is good. I haven't been eating very well, and when I do eat I eat too much and then don't eat any other meal during the day. Not a good habit to start forming so I made soup and had a small bowl and tomorrow for lunch I will have another.
GGGGAHHHH! I am so frustrated!
Fuzzle Bunnies.
Why can't I fix things!
Well... I guess I will just finish my homework for next week... I still have two big projects to finish and only three weeks of classes left. No sweat. So... yep.
Hunh.
I doubt I sleep well tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Lysie,
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to Holly? I don't understand what is happening with her. I am sorry you are going through so much! I am glad that we are texting. I will text you back once I get out of class... yes, I am typing this in class. Things will get better. I will be praying for all of the above issues. I love you and miss you!