The man who doesn't relax and hoot a few hoots voluntarily, now and then, is in great danger of hooting hoots and standing on his head for the edification of the pathologist and trained nurse, a little later on.
~Elbert Hubbard
Let me start off by telling you a funny story: So all last week I've been told repeatedly by my teachers that "Sunday is registration day!" and "Sign up for classes Sunday Morning!" but my big speech is Monday, my Medication Calculation Examination (Frustration) is Monday and I have a big Pharmocology exam coming up. So I studied all Saturday and didn't get my list of classes in order. Sunday morning I wake up, go to church, and in the middle of singing "Our God Is An Awesome God" I get a text from my friend Erica Early asking what classes I am taking next quarter. I start freaking out! Registration started at 6 and ends at 11. It is currently 10:51! So I find a usher, tell him my predicament, he takes me to the church secretary who was supposed to sing that morning but God gifted her with a generous migrane so she was in the back of the church, she took me to her office where I signed into her computer, got my 1st choice classes and was back in my pew by "These Are The Days Of Elijah". Ha! Someone loves me!~Elbert Hubbard
Fuzzle Bunnies!!! I AM COLD! I keep telling myself - just two more winters after this one and then you won't have to even get near snow if you don't want to. Everyone is like "It's an Indian Summer! It's going to be 63 tomorrow! How warm!" And I am like "grrr....brrr....shut up dork!" Anything below 75, which is the majority of the year here in Ohio, so NOT "ok" with me. I asked advice if I should move to be happier. I got the answer back "No" because schooling is free here and attitude and character building is everything. So that is why I say Fuzzle Bunnies.
Advice : Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. ~Erica Jong
Going back to scheduling for classes, I have a lot of free areas, grey spots where I can add any class I want. I have decided, after taking a bunch of people's advice, some of which was better than others, that I will take more psychology classes (Cognitive Neruoscience), two economics classes and an advanced Persuasive Speaking class. Sounds like fun. Spring this year I have a bunch of easy BS classes so I am taking my first Economics then.
My shoulders hurt! What should I do? Is this stress or did I knock something out of place? Maybe its time to go see the Crack-o-practer again. I feel like I just don't have enough hours in the day. I know everyone says that but it is AWFUL! I even broke up with this dude I was dating because I didn't have time during school. Honestly, I have no time. Everyone should not be saying that. "Everyone" shouldn't be needing to say that! It's just wrong. I always had enough time while I was living in Africa. I could make a pie and eat it too. Here in the good ol' USA we don't even make the pies because they are too full of sugar and carbs. Shesh! I would LOVE to see America as a relationship-based culture instead of a time-oriented culture. Life would be so much more beautiful. Stress would be relieved and people would feel less rushed, ruined and stomped on. If people actually asked "How are you? Really?" and took the time to listen to the answer instead of asking "Hey! What's Up?" "Nuthin." "See ya round." It would REVOLUTIONIZE the entire country's way of thinking! In other words I wish America were more like Africa. I wonder if there would be less illness, less stress-related cancer, if there were more time to communicate with people?
Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live. ~Margaret Fuller
So thinking even farther ahead I was wondering what I should do with my life. Yes. I know generally what I want to do but things, ambitions, goals, specifics, living arrangements change. I considered being a housewife at one point and time until I thought about it and even thinking about it made me stir-crazy. I just cannot picture it. I am also considering NGO groups and the UN... I NEED SPECIFICS. It's tough to focus when all you see is a blurry picture. Thank God I am only a Sophomore. Just imagine what I will be like my Senior year! hehe! If you have any advice/comments/general remarks there is a little button at the bottom of this note that says "Comments" and that is what it is there for.

I'm so glad Erica texted you. God is faithful even if it interrupts our worship for a few minutes. I really love reading this, it makes me feel closer to you. I miss you so much! M2
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if you're participating in the read-a-thon, but if you are, keep up the reading!
ReplyDelete